KSP Counseling is a small personal practice, which affords each client the care and privacy they deserve. She has a strong clinical background with over 20 years of experience in Macon County, treating a wide variety of clients and conditions in the schools, hospitals, and private practice settings. She is a trauma informed clinician with training in:
- EMDR ( eye movement desensitization reprocessing) therapy for trauma
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Addictions with MAT ( medically assisted treatment)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Mind-Body Connection
- Walk and talk therapy
- Critical Incident Stress Management for first responders
Other treatment approaches are used depending on the individuals needs. Treatment practices, philosophy, limitations and risks are discussed at the initial appointment. If a referral is needed for medication management and/or psychological testing Kim will be able to link you to resources in the area. Kim was born and raised in Macon County so has knowledge of various resources for additional support.
Kim is a member of the American Counselor’s Association, Illinois Counseling Association, and EMDRIA.